Content »

Permits and licensing requirements

There is freedom of enterprise in Finland – however, in order to operate in certain sectors permits or licences are required. This is to ensure the safety of the society, the environment and the consumers. In other fields, a notification about the business operations must be made to the authorities, even if no actual permit is required. Permits and licences are granted by, among others: municipal and city authorities, regional government agencies and ministries.

Before starting a business, it is always important to check whether a specific permit, license or notification is required – and what else is needed in order to operate in your particular sector. In some cases, you need to obtain permission from several different authorities: for example, to run a restaurant you need a hygiene passport, an alcohol passport and a license to dispense alcohol. You also need to notify the health inspector, rescue services and construction supervision.

The following businesses, among others, are subject to licence or declaration:

  • the sales, serving and importing of alcoholic drinks
  • car repair shops
  • beauty salons
  • hairdressers
  • grocery stores
  • kiosks and restaurants
  • electricians
  • taxi and transport services
  • private healthcare and social services
  • private security services

Read more »


Contact us

Do not hesitate to contact us and book a free appointment! You can also contact us using the contact form below.



Jätä tämä tyhjäksi


Join the mailing list »


Keski-Uudenmaan Kehittämiskeskus Oy

Business Development Centre Ltd. Helsinki Region North
Puuvalonaukio 2D, 2. krs, 04200 Kerava

Display on the map »



050 341 3210


© Keski-Uudenmaan Kehittämiskeskus Oy 2017 | login Synergia Foxy
Products in cart: 0  / Make an appointment »  / Cancel request